Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sigh No More

Plant your hope with good seeds.

I am writing my second book! The first one, Rising Sun, is in the shopping around point. This second one, The Halloween Brigade, is going to be a doozy.

One thing that I find interesting is the main characters of both are women. My sister recently commented that she thought I did a good job of writing for the opposite sex. I was, of course, thankful for the compliment but at the same time... I didn't really try that hard. Mostly I just wrote from a person who's in that situations point of view. Not a WOMAN who's in that situations point of view. Just a person.

I mean... what's the difference. They like to have sex with dudes instead of women (unless LGBT o' course), their clothes and hair are a little different... I can't think of really anything else different I would have written for a guy. The main character, Penny, in Rising Sun isn't as strong as some of the characters around her but... a lot of guys aren't as strong as the people around them. And a lot of women are stronger than those around them. Idk.

Thoughts?

This post was not what I originally meant to write about, btw. Just flowed. Flewed. Flew. Flow. Hmm, not sure how to say that. It flewed. I'll go with that. That sounds right. Right? Right.

that, my fine feathered friends, is passion in art

1 comment:

Lis said...

Good point- maybe "You wrote a very real and believable character" would be a better way to say that. Thanks for helping me change my point of view- makes me feel better about writing a female or male character!