Monday, January 7, 2013

Totally, You Guys

Dear God.

Do I really need another dose of humility? Have I not been HUMILIATED enough times in my life? I suppose by the measure of today that I have not. Well... I suppose I should stop expecting things to go well ALL the time in my life, eh? Or, like, ever?

Sincerely, Me.

Anyways... as you can probably tell from the above post, things could be better in my life. And yes, damn it, I know things could be worse. I've lived those worse times, I freaking know they exist.  But honestly things could be going a lot better for me. And yet at the same time it begs the question: What did I honestly expect from MY life?

They say God created everybody and gave them their flaws. I would like to take this time to thank God for creating me the way I am. Yes in my design was created, by way of nature AND nurture, the most successful and happy possible person to live in this world God created the rules for. Oh wait, the opposite of that. Yeah.

Thanks. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Really.


P.S. Sorry for the self pitying post. Sometimes all this bitterness builds up inside me and it's hard not to vent it.



2 comments:

Lis said...

We didn't have a great 2012 either, it definitely had some good points but mostly lots of stress and stuff. So we're glad for a new start with 2013. It feels like in January, you can throw off the old year and have a new beginning. Hope it goes well for all of us!!

Nathalie Shorten said...

Yeah, I have days like that :p It's so hard to lift yourself up but I find time heals many things and I know that I will feel better eventually. When stinky stuff happens, I say stuff like "here we go again" or "really!?!" or "NOW, what I do need to learn, dang it!". Hang in there Mike. I love you <3