Thursday, December 27, 2012

We Were Born To Rage

I recently read a couple articles that I would suggest for anyone who feels like they've reached a slump in their life. I had been feeling that way lately when I stumbled across these articles and now the last two days I've been feeling extremely motivated.

First there is this Cracked.com article. I know, I know. Cracked, right? How can I find an article on a humor website to be a motivational tool? Well read it and find out.

The second article was referenced in the Cracked article above. It's an interesting idea that's lead to interesting discussions at work for me today and mirrors a general feeling I've been getting from life lately.

So for the last three months(minus two weeks at the beginning of November) my writing goal was 25,500 words by the end of December. Well we are four days away from the end of the year(depending on how you count the days) and I'm about 10,000 words short. I'm coming in at 15,890 as of tonight.

As this is incredibly sad and lame of me, I am making my New Years Resolution to have finished two novels by the end of 2013. Yes, that's right folks. I have declared that I will have two finished novels by the END OF 2013!!! You can hold me to it. I published it on the internet so it has to be true, right? Right? Guys... where are you going? Wait, answer my question before you go!

2 comments:

mkgs said...

Haha, you are so silly. I think that's an awesome goal, because I know that you are perfectly capable of doing it! I'm excited for this.

Lis said...

Those were interesting articles. I've been trying to figure out what it is I really want to do, then find the courage and motivation to do it. I'm glad you find yours in writing- go create and don't care what the uncreators say!