Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Night in Review

Well I just finished over a 1,000 words on my novel, Rising Sun. I know I know it's a cheesy, generic name. What do I look like to you, a marketing genius? Just kidding haha. I just haven't come up with that name that really sticks in my head ya know? Also I would just like to take this time to say again that setting a goal for at least 500 words a day is amazing! It has helped me not get overwhelmed but still make progress.

Also you prospective/current writers should watch a Simpsons episode called The Book Job. It was hilarious, spoofing the Oceans 11 movies and making fun of the writing community, specifically the young adult novel. It also strangely gave me motivation and I blasted out 1,000  words yesterday and 1,000 today! It was awesome. I'm up to chapter 3 of my book and going strong.

I've never been this far into a writing project. It feels good but I'm having a hard time staying motivated sometimes. Mostly because I feel like what's the point? Do I really expect some literary agent to pick my novel out of the slushpile and think it's going to sell a million copies, making us rich? But then I read books like  The Rhythm of Life by Matthew Kelly or You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay and feel like HECK YEAH! I should completely expect this to happen. These are excellent books and I highly suggest them to anyone!

So I guess the point of this wordy ramble: I think I'm bipolar.


And yes, that is Neil Gaiman  on the left as a yellow person. Awesome!!!

Keep on Writing.

3 comments:

Nathalie Shorten said...

Hey Mike! Congratulations on your writing! And you never know. I always planned to work at the library and I made plans and then took the plunge when the opportunity presented itself 2 years ahead of my plans and voila! Of course, it's small potatoes compared to you but you got to have it ready because you never know when things fall into place. Love you :D

Unknown said...

Good luck with your novel.

qifei2012 said...

Most people have for no reason got statement connected with really positioning before and can concept of the best way its just 90 day workout. This specific techie foundation in regards to this distinct training is every aerobic exercise figure out, washboard abs together with toning exercise in conjunction with abdomen work outs are loaded beside one other to help you tend to be carrying out every one of the exercising concurrently throughout 10 mins Insanity workout. In contrast to beginning from your current cardio workouts plan and then go on to the building exercise session Wholesale p90x.