Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm So Heavy In Your Arms

I have a couple job leads I'm actually a bit excited about. Mostly because they're full time. I have two part time jobs but it just seems kinda stressful to be going to two different places when I could just get all my hours in one place. Plus these jobs both pay better than one or both of my current jobs. The only thing that makes me stumble a bit when going for new jobs is that the jobs I currently have are both fall back jobs. They're the jobs you get when all else has failed. So if I quit and go somewhere else and it doesn't work out, where do I go? But I suppose that's part of the danger of life. You can't always have a safety net, no matter how much you try. Blah.

On the writing front, I just wrote AROUND five hundred words. Give or take a solid hundred. Probably take. DON'T JUDGE ME! I had a lot on my plate today! I even worked out even though I have been feeling tired lately and didn't want to! So you can take that judgment where the sun don't shine. Of course I'm referring to under a shade tree.

Sometimes I say crazy stuff that makes total sense in my head but then people tell me I'm crazy. I'm totally not! Trust me, I got this.

I've been thinking about trying to write for a website. I would really enjoy that but I have always stumbled because I feel my writing style is not professional enough. I don't pay a lot of attention to the rules of the English language (see entire history of this blog) and I'm pretty sloppy about stuff because I just want to create and not be constricted sometimes! But then I realized HEY! That's what an editor is for. So I think I'm going to try for that. Thanks to my lovely wife and my father for the encouragement on that front.

This is a site I'm recently dying to see. Not sure where the desire came from but it's growing:


2 comments:

Lis said...

Don't have anything to lose by trying! Except some trouble having to try and try, but you've got the family to help bouy (sounds like boo-ee) you up!

mkgs said...

What??? You have expressed very little interest when I have brought up living by the beach. But hey, I am on board.

You're an enigma, my dear.