Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's Better This Time Than Ever Before

Sometimes the advancement of technology scares me. I am not the type of person who changes easily nor accepts change easily. I've tried to become that type of person and I think I've made a lot of progress but sometimes I read technology news blogs or websites and just get kind of freaked out.

One thing that has been strangely hard for me to let go is the idea of a home phone line. Just your classic land line that the whole family shares. Maybe three different hand sets through the whole house that connect to the same line. Classic, right?

My recent solution is that we keep the two phones my wife and I have and then purchasing a pay buy the minute type phone to use as our land line. That way we never have to worry about keeping up with the bills on something that we rarely use but we'll always have a backup from a different service provider. And a separate number if one of our phones craps out or we forget to pay the bills.

But this is just one solution to one problem. There are many more that loom but I dare not think of them.  When did I become and old man?


Looks like there is still backed up traffic in the future... *sigh*

No comments: