Friday, September 21, 2012

Going Far, Getting Nowhere

Ahh... it's been a good day. I woke up late, having gone to bed late, and ate an excellent egg, spinach, ham sandwich with my lovely wife while we watched the latest season of The Big Bang Theory, my current favorite TV show. Seriously guys, it's awesome.
Then I went on a hike up Rock Canyon which allowed me to think about stuff, get things clear again. It's amazing how quickly my view can become cluttered by garbage but going on a walk or hike or ride always clears it up toot sweet. Jealousy is one of my biggest problems right now. It really throws off my thinking and centers me on the wrong things. Gah!
Anyways! Then I came home and we ate rice and ham and each had a big salad which was DELICIOSO!!! Mucho so. Then more TBBT (yeah, that's right. I abbreviated my addiction) and then to writing at which I wrote over 1500 words. YES! Also I've been listening to 80's music lately, specifically The Cure, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears. Also threw some Death Cab for Cutie, Fleetwood Mac, and The Flaming Lips in there just to get a little variety. I think I'm set for a while with this playlist. At least when I'm not exercising.
When I'm exercising, I like to jam to Pop Goes Punk 3 & 4. Great stuff, all upbeat and screamy the way I like my pop.
Oh yeah! Another thing: I've been trying to get a job as a writer for a magazine or website. I don't have any professional experience but decided to apply anyways. I've only heard back from one website and it was a rejection but at least I heard back! A rejection is always better than nothing. Anyways, pray, meditate, or throw good thoughts my way, depending on what you believe. Thanks!

2 comments:

Nathalie Shorten said...

Prayer, temple roll, good vibes all heading your way <3

Lis said...

Here's some good vibes ~~~~~~~~