Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm Still Alive

Been working for awhile. Not my favorite job. How I'm getting by? Everyday I just tell myself "I'm still alive."

I think about people in Africa or South America or China or India or I just just name your not first world country of choice. A lot of people in these countries work insane hours in terrible jobs for what amounts to, in America, practically nothing. And they do it seven days a week.

When you look at it that way, my 40 hours a week in a cushy chair doesn't seem so bad.

But when that doesn't help I just remind myself of a character in a book I'm reading, Logan Ninefingers. No matter what happens; stabbed, thrown of a cliff, friends and family murdered, to even the small things like stubbing his toe, lost in a foreign city where he doesn't know anyone... no matter what happens he always says, "I'm still alive."

So... A bit dramatic I suppose but sometimes that's just what you need to get you by.

And now, something light hearted:
















The internet is such a weird place.

3 comments:

mkgs said...

So is your brain. Luckily I like you both anyway. :D

Lis said...

Good thought- I'm still alive!

Nathalie Shorten said...

I AM STILL ALIIIIIVE TOO! Love you Mike <3